These spring rolls are super fresh and healthy tasting. They are full of fresh herbs and served with a sauce so good you’ll be licking the bowl!
Pad Thai Sauce
natural peanut butter, sodium reduced soya sauce, oyster sauce
½ cup finely sliced purple cabbage
½ cup finely sliced romaine lettuce
1 medium carrot, finely sliced
1 green onion, finely sliced, all but the bottom ½ inch
2 tbsp finely sliced basil
2 tbsp finely sliced cilantro
2 mint leaves finely sliced
12 rice paper wrappers
12 tbsp Paid Thai Sauce
Yield: 6 servings (12 rolls)
Freshness: serve immediately after rolling
- Mix all the vegetables and herbs together in a bowl
- Soak the rice paper wrappers in warm water until soft. They are ready when they are see-through.
- Lay each paper perfectly flat on a cutting board. Place ¼ cup of the vegetable mixture in the middle of the far right side of each, right at the edge.
- Roll the wrappers up tightly. Take the left half over the right, pack the filling mixture together and continue to roll up and away from you. The side where the mix was sitting will remain open.
- Serve two spring rolls per person with 2 tbsp of Pad Thai sauce in a small bowl on the side.